The topic of this weeks lecture is journalism and citizen media. To prepare for the lecture, please read:
- Benkler, "The trouble with mass media" (chapter 6).(35 pages)
- Fallows, "How to save the news". The Atlantic, June 2010. (12 pages (in the original print magazine))
- Witt (2006), "Constructing a framework to enable an open source reinvention of journalism". (10 pages)
- Gillmor (2006), "We are all reporters now" (BBC News) (3 pages)
- Gillmor (2006), "Introduction" (11 pages) from his book "We the media: Grassroots journalism by the people, for the people".
- The text by Witt comes from the online (peer-reviewed) journal "First Monday" which publishes scholarly papers about the Internet (internet culture, the neworked information economy etc.).
- The chapter by Gillmore ("Introduction") will be uploaded to Bilda sometime tomorrow (Wednesday)